Author : admin | Tuesday, 29 January 2019
NEWBURY PARK, Calif., Jan. 28, 2019 - Platinum Tools®, the leader in solutions for the preparation, installation, hand termination and testing of wire and cable, is pleased to broadcast the debut of the brand-new Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System (p/ns 740C & 741C). The new Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System is now available with MSRPs of $30.00 (740C) and $26.65 (741C).
"There are those installs where your Ethernet connections will need ruggedized protection due to exposure to water, dust, corrosion, harsh elements, and vibration," explained John Phillips, Platinum Tools, Inc. product manager. "An easy and simple solution is Platinum Tools' Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System, rated to IP67 to meet those harsh environmental conditions commonly found in outdoor and indoor installs, such as industrial manufacturing, wireless towers, security systems, outdoor entertainment venues, LED lighting, emergency communications, marinas, and more."
Features and technical specifications of the new Waterproof RJ45 Coupler System include:
• IP67 Waterproof and Dustproof
• Easy and quick to install
• Shock and vibration resistant
• Works with RJ45 (8P8C) connectors
• For UTP and STP applications
• Category Range: Cat5e and Cat6
• Screw mating system assures secure connection
• Temperature range: -20 degrees C to +80 degrees C
• Housing material: Black nylon
• RoHS compliant
• Contact material: Gold plated 50μ over copper alloy
• Thread size: 13/16-inch - 28UN
• Max panel thickness: 4.0mm / 0.157 inch
• Cycle life: 1,000 insertions
• Current rating: 1 amp
• Voltage rating: 48v
• Recommended Panel Cut (for truncated circle): 19.4 mm - 20.8 mm (0.760in. - 0.815in.)
• Cable diameter range: 5.5-7.0mm / 0.216in. - 0.276in.
This article is originally posted on Platinumtools.com